


That's right, folks! More couples photos. My friends Tara & Adam got hitched back in October, and I was the lucky duck that got to photograph the event. I met Tara back in the photo program at U of I. I think that somehow, knowing her as well as I do, and my respect for her creative talent really made me push a little harder to get great shots. I'm really happy with how these turned out! The setting definitely helped (event at the Chicago Botanic Garden, dinner at The Publican), and the weather was gorgeous, but I think it was the friendship that put me at ease--I felt really free to take the shots I felt were interesting, instead of what I thought people might want.
In other news, collaborative art projects are on the way. Sadly, my old laptop hard drive died this week, and I'm at a loss what to do without some of my files that I had yet to back up...yes, it hurts. I'm generally really good about backing up, but I was having issues with my backup system (broken external hard drive case) and was taking my sweet time deciding what to do about that when this happened. It got me thinking about the old days, and ruined rolls of film. Somehow, it was easier when things didn't work out in the darkroom. Maybe because it was more about my mistakes than technological failures? One minute, your computer is okay, the next minute: dead. Photographs, gone. Data harvesting: approximated at minimum $500.00. New computer...owie! High-paying day-job? Nowhere to be found! Feeling: stuck. Words of encouragement: appreciated. Sigh.



A thought - hard drives in laptops are much sturdier than their motherboard counterparts. You might be able to pop it out, stick it in an enclosure, and hook it up as you would an external drive. It worked for many people I know, maybe it will for you!
ReplyDelete