Wednesday, January 07, 2015

I Ate a Nose in Queensland.

I Ate a Nose in Queensland (2014), in collaboration with N Masani Landfair.
At the Redmoon Winter Pageant, I met fellow artist, N Masani Landfair, who also had a booth in the art fair portion of the pageant. Donovan and I picked up a couple of her "Make Art With Me" packets – little envelopes full of found objects and scraps that she sells as a way to collaborate with other artists. I was very drawn to the packet I chose, and you can see the end result above. 

I really loved doing this project! This idea of shared art, of building connections with other artists, is a real joy to me. It kind of brought back that harmonious feeling of working in studio with my classmates back in undergrad; a feeling I wish I could channel more often.

The only thing I might do differently next time is capture some before & after shots so that we might illustrate what each of us contributed to the project, but really, the finished piece is the best part.

What are some other ways we can all start collaborating like this? I'm thinking I should just start mailing some things to people and see if anything comes back to me...




No comments:

Post a Comment