Follow the jump to read this week's Shutter To Think entry.
The guys played a show at Reggies the other night and this Indiana band called GUN shared the bill with them. They drew a pretty big crowd into the bar; a crowd I wasn't sure what to make of. There was a certain mutt-like quality to it all; as though a jam-band crowd had been crossed with rockabillies and boys wearing legging capris with high-tops. I saw a tattoo of a cat farting a ghost (that is about as straight-forward as I can be explaining that one) and a petite girl with an embroidered bag that started slam-dancing, causing many chagrined folks to spill their hard-earned beers on themselves and everyone around them. Needless to say: this is not ordinarily my scene.
But GUN has a sort of intriguing, loud, sweaty, spastic energy about them that lured me in and, against my better judgment, I neared the stage (putting my camera in a high-risk smashy-smash spilly-spill situation) in order to try to catch some of the action. It makes me curious to know what these guys are like in ordinary situations. Are you still a Wild Child when you're at memaw's house?
Hey buddy, I hope that elbow heals up OK.
• • •



They're intriguing, intelligent, loud, sweaty, and spastic personally as well. They play often, follow them on Facebook and come party.
ReplyDeleteHaha! Yes!
Delete