Monday, August 17, 2015

Unaji // Shutter To Think


The back of the neck.

"Unaji" is the Japanese word for the nape of your neck. One of my favorite spots on people, though it is often overlooked. Your body is a temple, and the nape of your neck a sacred place of worship.

Sometimes, when I'm shooting for documentation purposes, I end up finding art. I ventured out into the steamy 90 degree weather to photograph HAMLET yesterday. My friend Alex turned his back to me at one point and was just-so-perfectly-centered in the frame that I pressed down on the shutter knowing that this would be one for art and not so much for showcasing his performance.

• • •


Shutter To Think is the weekly game I'm playing with my friend, Patrick Mooney. To see his previous entry, head over to his blog: GRAIN//Patrick Mooney Photography.

To learn more about Alex Fthenakis as HAMLET, head over to Muse of Fire Theatre Company's website: www.museoffire.org. There are still a few more chances to catch this show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment