Sunday, April 01, 2012

96 cupcakes for Grandma, in detail.


Grandma turned 90 yesterday. We had a party! I made cupcakes.

French Silk Cupcakes
Chocolate cake, filled with chocolate mousse, topped with whipped cream frosting and miniature chocolate chips.

Growing up, I visited my grandparents nearly every weekend for family dinners. I remember Grandma putting a French Silk pie on the table for dessert nearly every time.

Double-Shot Espresso
Coffee-flavored cake, topped with espresso buttercream and a chocolate-covered coffee bean.

Because Grandma is a coffee-junkie.

Coconut Lychee
(from "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World")
Lychee cake, topped with coconut glaze and a jelly candy, wrapped in edible rice paper.

Some more traditional Asian-inspired flavors for the lactose-intolerant.

Green Tea
(from "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World")
Matcha green tea cake, topped with green tea glaze and a neapolitan taffy twist.

Another dairy-free concoction–why not offer both tea and coffee? Interesting to note: Taffy, when placed on green tea glaze, basically melts. it was still good! Just not as pretty as pictured above.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Also, I'd like to order some belated birthday double shot espressos please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for pick-up or delivery? :D

    ReplyDelete