Monday, November 09, 2015

Ramen & Chai // Shutter To Think


Constantly reflecting...
With my birthday just around the corner, I've been "practicing self-care" as we say in the therapy community. Self-caring like a boss. The other day, this included joining a congested Liz (a.k.a. friend with cold) for giant bowls of ramen with pork belly, some light shopping (she needed a bag, I "needed" a candle), and hot mugs of chai at the Wormhole.

Check out the reflection in that espresso machine. I'm a little obsessed with it.



Also...is this barista in hearts with me? Just kidding. As a former barista, I get to remind you all that: no, your barista is not hitting on you. Hearts are the easiest to make. One time, on St. Patrick's Day, I managed to pull off a four-leaf-clover. Seriously. I have a friend who can confirm it happened (this was before camera-phones were a thing, really).

Now maybe, if you get a coffee upgrade with chocolate drizzle or something like that, they might be hitting on you. Pay attention to cues. Baristas are a sly bunch.

Keeping it light. My birthday's coming up, so I can do what I want.


• • •



Shutter To Think is the weekly game I'm playing with my friend, Patrick Mooney. To see his previous entry, head over to his blog: GRAIN//Patrick Mooney Photography.







No comments:

Post a Comment